Tuesday, August 31, 2010

For the Moments I Feel Faint..

This past week, C & I went out to Lifeway to look around. After a while of looking around, we both left with new cds!! We couldn't have been more excited for them. We get in the car & immediately put in one of the cds- Relient K "Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek". One of the first songs that we listened to was one of the songs that I swear used to get me through my darkest, worst days.

"Am I at the point of no improvement? What of the death I still dwell in? I try to excel, but I feel no movement. Can I be free of this unreleasable sin?" -When I was first starting out going to church, I wasn't perfect at all with being a Christian. I was so confused at how I could be so excited to go to church & then go back to my normal life style. I honestly felt like I was learning too late in my life to ever be able to make a change. I thought I was at the point of no improvement.

"I throw up my hands, "Oh, the impossibilities" Frustrated and tired, Where do I go from here? Now I'm searching for the confidence I've lost so willingly; Overcoming these obstacles is overcoming my fear" -So many times, I would feel that I was getting no where. I searched & searched, expecting for the outcome to be immediate. I would hear people talking about God & all the great things He could do, why the heck wasn't I feeling the same way? Was it because I lived without Him for 18 years or maybe because I wasn't good enough for him?

"Never underestimate my Jesus. You're telling me that there's no hope. I'm telling you you're wrong. Never underestimate my Jesus. When the world around you crumbles, He will be strong, He will be strong" This is the most important verse of the song. Even in those times I was discouraged, kicked to the ground & too weak to get up, I knew He was still going to be there for me. I knew that because He is so strong, I can be weak at times because He is always going to be there to pick me back up. When people tell me there is no hope, I know they are wrong. Nothing is impossible with God by your side!

Those days when you feel discouraged, turn this song on; it may make you feel 100 times better. I know it always makes me feel like a new person by the time the song is over. Whenever I have one of those days, I know I can "Gather my insufficiencies and place them in Your hands" because He will take care of me : )

No comments:

Post a Comment