Monday, September 6, 2010

"We walk by faith, not by sight"


Walking into Chesterfield Baptist Church this morning, I honestly felt like my heart was breaking. After 8 years of friendship, countless girls nights, an insane about of memories, we were about to celebrate Lauren Elizabeth Tuck's life. Many have said that she left too soon, but even in her short 20 years, she was honestly one of the most inspirational people I have ever met in my life.

Mrs. Pittard's chorus class at Bailey Bridge Middle School is where our friendship all started. We got to talking & realized we were a lot alike. We laughed at the same things, had the same hobbies, even liked most of the same things (foods, colors, everything)!! In 8th grade, we had not only chorus together but also art class. People in our class told us that we could be sisters! From that day on, we almost started to convince ourselves that we could have been separated at birth. We started spending all our time together, whenever we could at school, having sleep overs, even starting our own notebook because we felt we didn't have enough time to talk in the day!!

In 9th grade, Lauren invited me to go play paint ball with her church. I'd never played before but couldn't have been more excited. We left from the church and spent all afternoon playing. Lauren and I were the ones to run around the field screaming and laughing trying to avoid all the paint balls! This is also where I first met one of my good friends, Marshall who was the first person to shoot me, right in the mouth! We all busted out laughing about how ridiculous I looked with paint splatted all over my face and all in my mouth.

We stayed in touch throughout the rest of high school and through freshman year of college. We saw each other every day our senior year between show choir and Mr. Pioch's English class, and we got together a couple times freshman year. Even though we didn't see each other every day anymore, we were the kind of friends that would keep in touch. We knew that no matter what came our way, we would always have each other if we needed anything.

Getting the news on Thursday, September 2nd, has been one of the hardest things to comprehend. It seems like just yesterday we were 13 year old girls, staying up all night talking about boys, and giggling about anything and everything.

Throughout the 8 years that I knew Lauren, she was always the one that could have you laughing even when you didn't want to smile. She was the one who could brighten up an entire room even on the darkest days. Just being around her always made me want to become a better person. Her love for Jesus was incredible and even when life got tough, she would praise Him for all she had. I have no doubt she is up in Heaven praising the God she loved so passionately. Lauren was truly a blessing in my life and I will forever cherish the memories we shared together. Until we meet again, rest in peace & always know that I love you Lauren Elizabeth Tuck, aka my sister separated at birth : )

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all- how will He not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Roman 8:31-32

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

"He tends his flock like a Shepard: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young... those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40: 11; 31

1 comment: