Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inspiration

While writing my blog about over thinking, Wow 2007 was in the background playing. There were a couple songs that really caught my attention & inspired me.

1. Barlow Girl: I Need You to Love Me
"But I need You to love me, and I won't keep my heart from You this time. And I'll stop this pretending that I can somehow deserve what I already have. I need You to love me"
- Most of us have a past life before Jesus where mistakes were made & we struggled to see what we were doing wrong. Truth is: we don't deserve Him!! but He chooses to forgive our sins & love us as His own. If we spent as much time praising Him as we do pushing Him away, we would be set! If only it were that easy.. we need Him in this life, without Him we are nothing. Jesus, I need You to love me!

2 & 3. Sanctus Real: I'm Not Alright & Stellar Kart: Activate
"I'm not alright, I'm broken inside, broken inside. And all I go through, it leads me to You; It leads me to You, closer to You"
"This is, the reason I'm alive. Don't have time to wait; Activate, activate"
- These two songs remind me of when you are a little kid when you get a new toy. You have to wait for your mom to pay for it, to get it home, have it opened & then it's time to play.. or so you think. but you have to wait for your mom to either activate the toy, take all the strings off or put batteries in it. Same goes for your life: you are born, brought home, raised & then it comes time to live your life. but before you can go on living your life, you need one thing: your battery! without it, you can not survive, you will not work properly. while you may think it's food, water, shelter that make up your battery; your battery is actually God. He is your energizer battery in life & He will just keep you going & going & going!!

4. By the Tree: World on Fire
"There is a hope beyond this night, there is a Savior in the sky giving His life to set this world on fire. So as the darkness closes in know that the sun will shine again bringing salvation to a world on fire"
- I felt like this one is pretty self explanatory. There is always hope when God is near. He gave His one & only Son for us to be able to live, sin, be forgiven & then to spend eternity in Heaven with Him if we so choose to. Though no one is perfect & everyone lives in darkness at one point or another, He will come again; better make sure you are ready for it!

5. Krystal Meyers: The Beauty of Grace
"But anywhere you are is never too far away. There’s freedom from your scars, the mistakes that you’ve made forgiven, the memories erased. Baby, that’s the beauty of grace"
- This one is a good reminder for anyone who is struggling or may feel they aren't good enough to serve Christ. Any mistake, no matter how big or small, will be forgiven; all you have to do is ask. 1st John 1:9 says: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

6. Francesca Battistelli: Free to Be Me
"Cause I got a couple dents in my fender, got a couple rips in my jeans. Try to fit the pieces together, but perfection is my enemy. On my own I'm so clumsy, but on Your shoulders I can see; I'm free to be me"
- Last but definitely not last; this is one of my favorite songs. I love to be reminded that I do not have to be perfect for God to love me. I can live my life being clumsy, with scrapes & bruises because I am free to be me and you are free to be you; so make the best of it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment